Your dog or cat relies on a healthy mouth and strong teeth. Aside from the bad breath that comes from unhealthy teeth and gums, disease in this area can shorten your pet’s life through chronic infection and damage to internal organs. Bad teeth and gums can also mean constant pain for your pet.
At Beacon Veterinary Hospital, general well being and good oral hygiene are part of our wellness program for every animal. We offer:
- Dental prophylaxes (teeth cleaning) for all dogs and cats
- Dental radiography
- Education and training for at-home dental care
- Nutritional assessment and recommendations for good oral hygiene
The benefit of dental care for your pet is more than just fresh breath—it is one of the cornerstones of a complete wellness program for your animal. Discuss your pet’s dental needs and concerns at your next visit—his or her health and quality of life will benefit from it.
To find out more about dental health in pets, explore these informative websites or stop by our office in Swannanoa:
- Veterinary Oral Health Council – This site offers extensive information on oral health care for pets.
- Pet Dental Care – This site offers trusted information from the American Veterinary Medical Association
- C.E.T. Home Dental Care – This site offers an extensive line of at-home dental care products for your pet.
- Veterinary Partner’s The Dental Care Series by Dr. Jan Bellows – This site offers a comprehensive series of articles aimed at helping pet owner better understand their pets’ oral health.
- OraVet – This site describes this brand’s plaque prevention system.